April 2, 2008

American Idol Top 9

OK, I'll admit I'm not much of a country or Dolly fan but I was really impressed at the quality of her music last night. When you look at Dolly's work you really have to be impressed and concede that she is a living legend. She has published over 600 songs!!! The Idols as a whole were bringing their 'A' game last night, setting the stage for a very tight competition over the next couple of weeks. One miss step...and curtains.

Top 3 Performers
  1. Michael Johns - Starting to hit his stride and is picking the right songs to woo his strong female fan base but I have to deduct 2 points for rocking the ascot.
  2. David Archuleta - The boy can sing and emote when he has the right song.
  3. Brooke White - Even though the judges didn't like it, I thought it was great start to the show and she looks like a star on the stage.

Bottom 3 Performers

  1. Ramiele Malubay - She is just being outclassed by the other Idols.
  2. Jason Castro - It was just alright for me. Needs to make an emotional connection with the song he is singing. I liked how Idol skipped over the fact that this song was from a movie about a transgender individual.
  3. Syesha - Idol women have to learn that nobody compares to Whitney. Sure, there is big reward if you can pull it off but the road to Idol is littered with booted contestants who tried and failed miserably.