February 15, 2008

A Weighty Issue

OK, I'm flipping through my dripping wet copy of "The Telegram" last night and I come across the article where some people were shocked by the comments of our Deputy Mayor Denis O'Keefe towards Councillor Ron Ellsworth (a man of large stature) about his weight. My mind starts to race about what the Deputy Mayor could have said and have caused people to be shocked!!!! Did he call him Fatty or Jabba the Hut? And why did he say it within a public meeting?
But it turns out all he said was something along the lines of ...your a big man but not big enough to apologise. This was in reference to Ellsworth's claim that some councillors had been in contact with AHL about a new hockey team which he has since backtracked on.
So what is so shocking!!! I sure Councillor Ellsworth realizes he not Jared from Subway, and even if he was, he would still be a big man because of his height. So does O'Keefe has anything to be sorry about, I think not. And if he does have to apologise, does he also have to apologise for referring to Ellsworth as man and not a human being of a male gender!!!! I suppose next they won't be allowed to ask for a light to repositioned so the glare will stop shining on Coucillor Coombs head!!!! SHEESSSSSH!